Residential Leasehold Conveyancing for Support Staff – Autumn 2022
Due to demand, we are pleased to announce that we will once again be running this popular series on Residential Leasehold for Support Staff.
The course is composed of five 60-minute webinars and explains the key issues commonly encountered in residential leasehold transactions whether acting for the seller or buyer.
It can be used as a course to develop some of the themes in residential conveyancing for support staff or as a standalone course but, is also suitable for any conveyancing practitioners engaging in leasehold transactions.
Webinar 1: An introduction to Residential Leasehold Conveyancing
- Course Aims
- The difference between freehold and leasehold ownership
- The differences in the conveyancing process
- Resources and how to use them
- Acting for the seller – preparing the contract bundle, dealing with TA forms, landlord’s enquiries, service charge accounts and other documentation.
- Acting for the buyer – due diligence, advising on the lease, dealing with TA forms and landlord enquiries
- Contractual provisions in leasehold transactions
Webinar 3: The Residential Lease in Detail
- Prescribed Clauses
- Lease Plans
- Key Clauses in Residential Lease
Webinar 4: Management Issues and Residential Leases
- Dealing with service charges, management regulations and administration charges.
- Defective Leases and how to deal with them
- Dealing with high rise flats and fire safety issues
- Lenders and leasehold transactions
Webinar 5: Avoiding Negligence in Residential Leasehold Transactions
In the last webinar of the series the course will examine how to avoid negligence claims and client complaints.
It will explore what can go wrong in leasehold transactions, problem clauses in residential leases, and procedural problems.
Using case law and examples the webinar should enable practitioners to be aware of what can go wrong and to avoid common traps and pitfalls.
Thanks to our specialist systems, we are able to provide you with recordings and course materials which allow you to refer back to your training at any time should you wish to do so. Alternatively, if you are unable to attend the live webinar these facilities mean that you don’t have to worry about missing out and you can go about your day, reassured by the knowledge that you can carry out your required training at a time convenient to you.
A certificate of completion is also provided for delegates booking this event.
Cost: £200 Plus VAT per person.
Firms booking spaces for two or more delegates in a single transaction will be offered a 25% discount off the second booking and any subsequent bookings. To take us up on this offer please select one full price ticket labelled Webinar Series Access (single delegate purchases or purchase for first full price delegate in conjunction with offer) and add to basket and then select the required number of discounted tickets labelled Discounted ticket for second and subsequent delegate bookings only and add to basket then proceed to complete the purchase as normal.
- We regret that in the instance that any single bookings are placed using the discounted ticket or where a full price ticket is not be purchased for the first delegate for firms purchasing tickets for two or more delegates that the order will be cancelled and a refund issued.
- Bookings must be made in a single transaction, any additional bookings made at a later date will be charged at full price.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Have an enquiry? Call 07379 134 942 or email [email protected]