Commercial Property for Local Authority Lawyers and Support Staff 2021
This new webinar series is aimed at lawyers and support staff already working in commercial property or new entrants to the sector. It is intended to provide a basic grounding in commercial property transactions by explaining the law, procedures, key issues and common pitfalls.
Over the course of ten hour-long webinars, we will consider the following topics:
- The outline of a commercial sale or purchase – the use of standard commercial conditions, using commercial enquiries before contract and the process from gaining instructions to completion and registration of title if acting for the buyer
- Using Certificates of Title, dealing with Options and Overage
- Land Registration Issues – first registration, dealing with registered titles, adding and removing notices and restrictions, dealing with adverse possession, boundary problems and using exempt information to preserve confidentiality
- Commercial Leases – drafting leases key clauses, land registration issues, standard commercial leases and dealing with unrepresented tenants
- Commercial lease management – rent reviews, dilapidations, break clauses, disrepair issues, yielding up and an overview of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Using case studies we will explore commonly encountered problems and how to deal with them
An extensive manual will be provided, the webinars will be recorded and there will be ample opportunity for delegate questions throughout.
Webinar 1: 10 May 2021, 1-2pm
An overview of a commercial property transaction from instructions to completion highlighting the role of the lawyer acting for the seller or the buyer.
Webinar 2: 17 May 2021, 1-2pm
Drafting or advising on the contract and commercial enquiries. Advising on commercial property documentation.
Webinar 3: 24 May 2021, 1-2pm
Proceeding to exchange of contracts in commercial transactions
Webinar 4: 01 June 2021 1-2pm
Proceeding to completion in commercial transactions
Webinar 5: 08 May 2021, 1-2pm
Dealing with Reports on Title and using Certificates of Title
Webinar 6: 14 May 2021, 1-2pm
Options and Overage – key issues and traps
Webinar 7: 29 May 2021, 1-2pm
Land Registration Issues – boundaries, notices, restrictions and adverse possession
Webinar 8: 06 July 2021, 1-2pm
Commercial Leases – drafting issues and land registration requirements
Webinar 9: 15 July 2021, 1-2pm
Rent review, break clauses and dealing with disrepair
Webinar 10: 20 July 2021, 1-2pm
Tenant friendly leases, turnover leases and an overview of the Landlord and Tenant 1954
Cost is £200 + VAT per person
Extensive notes will be provided and there will be an opportunity for delegate questions