Commercial Property for Local Authority Lawyers and Support Staff – In-House Training
This course is aimed at lawyers and support staff already working in commercial property or new entrants to the sector. It is intended to provide a basic grounding in commercial property transactions by explaining the law, procedures, key issues and common pitfalls.
Over the course of ten hours, we will consider the following topics:
- The outline of a commercial sale or purchase – the use of standard commercial conditions, using commercial enquiries before contract and the process from gaining instructions to completion and registration of title if acting for the buyer
- Using Certificates of Title, dealing with Options and Overage
- Land Registration Issues – first registration, dealing with registered titles, adding and removing notices and restrictions, dealing with adverse possession, boundary problems and using exempt information to preserve confidentiality
- Commercial Leases – drafting leases key clauses, land registration issues, standard commercial leases and dealing with unrepresented tenants
- Commercial lease management – rent reviews, dilapidations, break clauses, disrepair issues, yielding up and an overview of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Using case studies we will explore commonly encountered problems and how to deal with them
An overview of a commercial property transaction from instructions to completion highlighting the role of the lawyer acting for the seller or the buyer.
Drafting or advising on the contract and commercial enquiries. Advising on commercial property documentation.
Proceeding to exchange of contracts in commercial transactions
Proceeding to completion in commercial transactions
Dealing with Reports on Title and using Certificates of Title
Options and Overage – key issues and traps
Land Registration Issues – boundaries, notices, restrictions and adverse possession
Commercial Leases – drafting issues and land registration requirements
Rent review, break clauses and dealing with disrepair
Tenant friendly leases, turnover leases and an overview of the Landlord and Tenant 1954
IQ Legal Training offers its clients a variety of conveyancing courses, exploring numerous topics and issues encountered by conveyancers of all levels of experience, as well as courses specifically developed for support staff.
Training can either be delivered in person at your place of business or via live webinar to suit your requirements.
Should you opt to have your in-house training delivered by live webinar, our specialist systems give us the option to provide you with recordings and course materials which allows you and your team to refer back to the training via our website at any time should you wish to do so. Alternatively, if any of your team are unable to attend the live in-house training these facilities mean that you don’t have to worry about them missing out and you can go about your day, reassured by the knowledge that they can carry out their required training at a time to suit your business needs.
For face-to-face training, unfortunately it is not possible for us to provide recordings of the sessions however, all course training materials will still be provided.
Certificates of completion are also provided for delegates attending in-house training sessions.
Call 07379 134 942 or email [email protected] for more information or to discuss costs and a member of our dedicated team will be happy to assist you.