Commercial Leases 2023 – Online Course
The series on Commercial Leases is divided into four 60-minute courses delivered by Ian Quayle who has over 18 years of experience of delivering training courses of this nature as well as many years of experience of undertaking and advising upon commercial property.
Each sixty-minute course is suitable to anyone dealing with commercial leases either for landlords or tenants.
Course 1, – Commercial Leases – An Introduction
It will explore –
- The creation of a valid legal lease, equitable leases and the use of an agreement to lease.
- Land Registration Requirements – prescribed clauses, the need for registration, the need for noting and overriding leases, exempt information status for leases, and the use of lease plans.
- Security of tenure -the protection of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, and contracting out
Course 2, – Commercial Leases – Negotiating and Drafting
It will explore –
- The role of the commercial property lawyer in negotiation
- The use of the RICS Heads of Terms
- Compliance with Codes of Practice
Course 3 – Commercial Lease Management
This course will cover –
- Drafting and dealing with break clauses
- Dealing with surrender and agreements to surrender
- Advising on rent review
- Lease regearing
- Schedules of Condition and dilapidations
Course 4 – Commercial Leases – Agreements for Lease
The course will examine –
- The circumstances when an agreement for lease can be used.
- The content of an agreement for lease – key clauses
- Protecting the agreement for lease
- Contracting out of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
Each course will take approximately 60-minutes to complete.
Watch a preview of the training here:
Course materials are provided and will remain accessible to you even after the course is completed.
A certificate of completion is also provided to delegates booking this course.
Delegates who register on the course are eligible to raise questions with the trainer both during and after they have completed their training. Details of how to do this are included in the course materials.
Cost: £120+VAT, Per Person
Have an enquiry? Call 07379 134 942 or email [email protected]