Business Lease Renewal for Commercial Lawyers
This webinar is aimed at transactional property lawyers and is designed to explore how to deal with business lease renewal when acting for either tenant or landlord. Whilst the majority of lease renewal disputes are settled by negotiation it is important to understand the way litigation should be conducted.
Using two case studies the course will explore the following:
- When the statutory protection afforded by the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 applies
- Acting for a Landlord – opposing renewal or offering new lease terms – The Section 25 Notice
- Acting for the Tenant – proposing new terms of the new lease.
- Negotiating the new lease – what can the parties expect and what are the powers of the Court
- Requesting information – Section 40 LTA 1954 requests
- Interim rent applications – use and procedure
- Using ADR to resolve disputes
- Court proceedings in outline
- Acting for landlords – using Ground F and Ground G
- Acting for Tenants – claims for compensation
- Recent relevant case law will be examined
Extensive notes will be provided and delegates will have the opportunity to ask questions .
Cost: £375 + VAT per person
For more information or to reserve places, call: 0747 112 5651 or email [email protected]