Business Lease Renewal for Commercial Lawyers – In-House Training
This course is aimed at transactional property lawyers and is designed to explore how to deal with business lease renewal when acting for either tenant or landlord. Whilst the majority of lease renewal disputes are settled by negotiation it is important to understand the way litigation should be conducted.
Using two case studies the course will explore the following:
- When the statutory protection afforded by the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 applies
- Acting for a Landlord – opposing renewal or offering new lease terms – The Section 25 Notice
- Acting for the Tenant – proposing new terms of the new lease.
- Negotiating the new lease – what can the parties expect and what are the powers of the Court
- Requesting information – Section 40 LTA 1954 requests
- Interim rent applications – use and procedure
- Using ADR to resolve disputes
- Court proceedings in outline
- Acting for landlords – using Ground F and Ground G
- Acting for Tenants – claims for compensation
- Recent relevant case law will be examined
IQ Legal Training offers its clients a variety of conveyancing courses, exploring numerous topics and issues encountered by conveyancers of all levels of experience, as well as courses specifically developed for support staff.
Training can either be delivered in person at your place of business or via live webinar to suit your requirements.
Should you opt to have your in-house training delivered by live webinar, our specialist systems give us the option to provide you with recordings and course materials which allows you and your team to refer back to the training via our website at any time should you wish to do so. Alternatively, if any of your team are unable to attend the live in-house training these facilities mean that you don’t have to worry about them missing out and you can go about your day, reassured by the knowledge that they can carry out their required training at a time to suit your business needs.
For face-to-face training, unfortunately it is not possible for us to provide recordings of the sessions however, all course training materials will still be provided.
Certificates of completion are also provided for delegates attending in-house training sessions.
Call 07379 134 942 or email [email protected] for more information or to discuss costs and a member of our dedicated team will be happy to assist you.