Following on from our other Support Staff courses, and due to demand, this five-part course explains the key issues commonly encountered in residential leasehold transactions whether acting for the seller or buyer.
This course can be used to develop some of the themes in residential conveyancing for support staff or as a standalone course, but it is also is suitable for any conveyancing practitioners engaging in leasehold transactions.
The course is composed of five 60 minute webinars, as follows:
Webinar 1: 04.07.22 – An introduction to Residential Leasehold Conveyancing
- Course Aims
- The difference between freehold and leasehold ownership
- The differences in the conveyancing process
- Resources and how to use them
Webinar 2: 11.07.22 – Transactional Issues
- Acting for the seller – preparing the contract bundle , dealing with TA forms, landlord’s enquiries, service charge accounts and other documentation.
- Acting for the buyer – due diligence, advising on the lease, dealing with TA forms and landlord enquiries
- Contractual provisions in leasehold transactions
Webinar 3: 18.07.22 The Residential Lease in Detail
- Prescribed Clauses
- Lease Plans
- Key clauses in Residential Lease
Webinar 4: 25.07.22 – Management Issues and Residential Leases
- Dealing with service charges, management regulations and administration charges.
- Defective Leases and how to deal with them
- Dealing with high rise flats and fire safety issues
- Lenders and leasehold transactions
Webinar 5: 01.08.22 – Avoiding Negligence in Residential Leasehold Transactions
In the last webinar of the series the course will examine how to avoid negligence claims and client complaints.
It will explore what can go wrong in leasehold transactions, problem clauses in residential leases, and procedural problems.
Using case law and examples the webinar should enable practitioners to be aware of what can go wrong and to avoid common traps and pitfalls.
Thanks to our specialist systems, we are able to provide you with recordings and course materials which allow you to refer back to your training at any time should you wish to do so. Alternatively, if you are unable to attend the live webinar these facilities mean that you don’t have to worry about missing out and you can go about your day, reassured by the knowledge that you can carry out your required training at a time convenient to you.
A certificate of completion is also provided for delegates booking this event.
Cost: £200 Plus VAT per person. Firms booking spaces for three or more delegates in a single transaction will be offered a 20% discount, please contact us prior to booking your place for a personal discount code. We regret that discounts can not be offered if a booking has already been made.
Have an enquiry? Call 07379 134 942 or email [email protected]