Whilst the pandemic remains with us, clients continue to turn their minds to putting their affairs in order and planning for the future. With health concerns in the forefront of our minds, having Lasting Powers of Attorney in place has become a priority for many clients.
In this 1-hour webinar, we will consider common pitfalls and pointers when preparing and advising on both Property & Financial Affairs LPAs and Health & Welfare LPAs.
Delegates will learn about the following:
- Appointment of joint and replacement attorneys and the requirement for precise drafting.
- Signing and witnessing the LPA and arrangements regarding the Certificate Provider.
- Making the unlawful compulsory and avoiding the consequences of invalid provisions.
- Section 12 of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the power of the attorneys to make gifts – what is authorised and what is not permitted by law.
- Power of attorneys regarding ‘life-sustaining treatment’.
- Enabling LPAs to be used as ordinary powers of attorney.
- Registration and avoiding procedural issues.