This is a series of residential conveyancing and commercial property webinars that will aid any conveyancer during these turbulent times.
This webinar series examines key issues to enable busy practitioners to keep up to date and be reminded of good practice.
Extensive notes will be given and time for questions during the session will be allocated.
Webinar series will be £175.00 plus VAT for members and £200.00 plus VAT for non-members.
Individual webinars are charged at £50.00 plus VAT for members and £60.00 plus VAT for non-members.
Webinar 1, Date: 02.11.21, Time: 3.15pm-4.15pm
10 Good Habits and Commercial Leases
This webinar will examine key issues when drafting or advising on commercial issues. It will explore key clauses, the need to meet land registration requirements and the use of heads of terms and the RICS Code for Leasing Business Premises 2020.
There will be an opportunity for delegate questions.
Webinar 2, Date 18.11.21, Time: 9.30am -10.30 am
Boundary Issues in Residential Conveyancing
This webinar is useful for all residential conveyancers.
It will provide an overview of:
- When is boundary sensitivity an issue
- How to identify legal boundaries
- Setting realistic client expectation
- Avoiding and dealing with boundary disputes
- Land Registry Determined Boundary Applications and Boundary Agreements
- Using mediation to resolve boundary disputes
- Using defective title insurance
- The Boundary Dispute Protocol
Extensive notes will be provided ,there will be an opportunity for delegate questions , and the event will be recorded for delegates who cannot attend or who wish to view again.
Webinar 3, Date: 24.11.21, Time: 3.15pm -4.15 pm
Residential Leases – Ground Rent, Service Charge and Management Issues
Webinar 4, Date: 01.12.21, Time: 3.15pm – 4.15 pm
Avoiding negligence claims and client complaints
This webinar is a useful exploration of common problems associated with practice and procedure that lead to negligence claims.
The webinar will look at:
- Due diligence
- Drafting Documentation
- The issue of informed consent
- Setting realistic expectation
- The provision of advice
It will examination of recent case law.
Extensive notes will be provided and the webinar will be recorded
Webinar 5, Date: 08.12.21, Time: 3.15pm – 4.15pm
This webinar explores practical issues involving Land Registration. It will examine –
The use of agreed and unilateral notices to protect interests in land
- The use of restrictions
- Problems with adverse possession
- Dealing with prescribed clause leases
- Electronic identity verification
- Migration of local land charges
- An examination of recent relevant case law
Extensive notes will be provided and there will be an opportunity for delegates to ask questions.
Webinar 6, Date: 13.12.21, Time: 3.15pm – 4.15pm
Co-ownership and Residential Conveyancing
- This webinar is suitable for all residential conveyancers at all levels of experience and will examine –
- Taking instructions and the use of questionnaires
- The provision of advice for joint tenancies and tenants in common
- Extensive notes will be provided and there will be an opportunity for delegates to ask questions.
Have a query? Call 07379 134 942