Commercial Leases and Local Authorities
This three hour webinar is an ideal introduction or refresher for local authority lawyers dealing with commercial leases.
It will examine the following:
- Assisting in the negotiation of commercial leases including using heads of terms, whether an agreement for lease is necessary and using the RICS Code for Leasing Business Premises 2020
- Key clauses in commercial leases and rules of interpretation and construction
- The application of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Dealing with unrepresented tenants
- Issues relating to repair including the use of Schedules of Condition.
- The implications of the Land Registration Act 2002 – registration and noting of leases, protection of easements and agreements for lease, exempt information status and use of prescribed clauses
Notes will be provided and there will be an opportunity for delegate questions.
Cost is £200 + VAT per person
For more information or to reserve places, call: 0747 112 5651 or email [email protected].